Gothic weddings are becoming a trend these days, and this is because they are unconventional, provocative, and truly representative of those who want to break away from tradition. Unlike the expected formalities, gothic weddings rely more on daring themes, including punk rock fashion, all-black motif ensembles, and venues in rather unusual places.
Since these weddings are very provocative, it can be difficult to set up one with such theme. This is because it’s not easy to find people and establishments that are willing to take part of this kind of wedding presentation, let alone entertain the idea of a gothic-inspired marriage.
However, if you and your partner have already decided to go for a Gothic wedding theme, then here are some ideas that you may use:
1. Hold the wedding venue in a haunted house, or in a cemetery. Gothic weddings are more like costume parties, mainly because the bride and groom, their entourage, and the rest of the guests are in Halloween costumes. To make the celebration more authentic, it would be nice to hold the wedding in a venue that matches the theme, such as in a haunted house or cemetery. Some haunted houses can be rented out for special events, both for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Cemeteries meanwhile have more stringent rules in hosting such parties, and weddings may be held only during the day.
2. Require the guests to dress up in character. Most gothic weddings make use of only two to three colors-white, black, and red. Brides sometimes wear white, while the rest, including the groom, are in black, while there are also those who are in all black ensembles. But if you want a touch of color to your wedding, then you may stick to black as the main motif, but guests are allowed to come in different costumes instead. Brides may also pick another wedding gown color too, such as black, red, or violet.
3. Hire a rock band instead of a wedding singer. Rock bands are more ideal to perform during gothic weddings, as they provide songs and tunes with spunk, instead of the sweetness and romance of typical wedding singers. You can hire your favorite band if you have the budget, but the regular garage band will actually do-as long as they know how to play their notes properly.
4. Give away trinkets in black and silver colors. If you’re going to make wedding favors for gothic weddings, then you should use black and silver colors. This is because the shades represent the Goth culture, and at the same time they are very flexible to use. You can use these colors for both edible and non-edible wedding favors too.
5. Check out other deep-set colors. Meanwhile, if you’re not a fan of black, then you can go for other deep-set colors instead, such electric blue, violet, and red. These colors may not be as creepy as black, but are likewise representative of the gothic culture, as they are dark, bold, and dramatic. These colors may further be complimented by using metallic colors, such as silver and gold.
Darren owns a gothic shop and has knowledge on a number of events involving the gothic scene. He shares his extensive expertise of designing wholesale gift bags.
January 25, 2013