So, planning that all important move can be very stressful, but doesn’t have to be in the lightest, it can be as easy and stress free as you would like it to be. A good way to make it all run smoothly is to make lists of what you need and don’t need to do. Try to stick to these lists as much as you can. Here are a few tips to help get you started.
1. Make a welcome box, I myself have made that mistake where I have been to a new property for the first time and can’t have a well-deserved cup of tea or coffee as I have forgotten those all-important ingredients to make one with. Make a box containing A Kettle, cups, tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar or whatever you prefer to drink along with a snack or two, your phone charger and any medicines you need to take.
2. Enlist the help of any friends/family that you can. No matter how well you plan it, moving home is always a big job and the more hands on deck the better. Offer an incentive like food or drink in exchange for them offering their services. This always works.
3. Try to de clutter before you start packing so that you’re not taking any old junk or things you will never use with you. Pack early, and systematically, start with the larger items leaving the smaller items and essentials till the last minute.
4. Try not to stuff as much as you can into one box so it is at bursting point as it will make harder work for the people helping to move you and may even break the box and the contents. At the same time try not to under fill it as this can also make more work for yourself. Think of ways to make it easier for yourself like rolling clothes instead of folding ECT, makes more room and less creases.
5. Being thoughtful for the person moving into your old home can also make life easier for both of you. Make a list of things like where the Electricity meters/boards are, Gas shut off valves and locations of cock valves. As well as useful information like Rubbish/Recycling days, locations of the local Doctors, Pharmacies and Dentists. Along with any handy tips about the property or local area.
6. Maybe introduce yourselves to your new neighbours, you never know when you may need their help and you may even make good friends. Take your time unpacking and get the essentials right. Finally all there is left to do is to enjoy your new home.
Moving home can be a difficult time for anyone. Jodie enjoys sharing her expertise of home improvement tips with others. She also approves of guestdoor.com and highly recommends this site.
April 2, 2013
April 2, 2013
March 10, 2013
February 18, 2013
February 14, 2013
February 13, 2013
February 9, 2013
January 26, 2013